that kiss happened in june— so yes! <3
anusara comes to mind first! but any kind— ‘kinds’ only being a necessity because there are so many kinds of folks practicing— will value all of those qualities. yoga is the practice of staying in the present— and the present is joy.
as for yoga books, I recommend light on yoga and tree of yoga by bks iyengar, yoga beyond belief by ganga white, or deep yoga: ancient wisdom for modern times by bhava ram (one of my most cherished teachers). swami satchidananda’s translation of the yoga sutras, as well as a good translation of the bhagavad gita and of the upanishads (I like juan mascaro, but do some research & go with yr intuition!) are also totally indispensable to practitioners & seekers of all traditions.
lots of love to you on your path!
I love you, too! to love the love that loves to love <3
surf is up to 18’ right now, apparently. I believe it!
I work at an organic food co-op. I average about 30-35 hrs a week, which leaves me more than enough free time to do almost anything I’d like to do but also gives me enough of an income (with full benefits) to stay rooted in my community. one of my resolutions for this year is to begin the process of making my own living independently (teaching yoga, sharing reiki healing, leading meditations and giving blessings, maybe learning massage, etc) so that I am selling less of my time to my employer and simply sharing the abundance of my heart with whomever may benefit from it. but I also really like what I’m doing right now— it’s sweet and it’s comfortable. as long as I’m connecting with people around me and being conduit to the grace and love that resides at the heart-space, I’m doing my work.
a propos ‘free time’: I just read today that the average american spends 8.5 hours in front of a screen each day. we all have the power to liberate all of our time— we only have so much of it, and the world outside is so freakin’ amazing. get out! you are free!
besides my glorious return to shooting film, I’m also excited about:
- deepening my knowledge of plant intelligence & healing! studying with a local herbalist who learned from rosemary gladstar herself— the course begins a week from tonight :)
- bouldering in my very own climbing shoes (thanks j dilla)
- wilderness adventures to deep creek hot springs, joshua tree, colorado (& places not even on our map yet)
- completing the next level training for my reiki practice, opening up my home as a healing space, which I share with a sweet fellow yogini friend from my teacher training <3 <3
- my solstice resolution: sweetness
- bunny luv